Why we use your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via this website, or on other Roland DG digital platforms, will be used for the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by directing to you to content (via our chat bot) or personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you service emails;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or telephone. Furthermore, where you have specifically agreed to this, we may also send you this information by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Process any support requests made by through the website or chat bot; we will keep a copy of your requests in order to ensure we have dealt with your query appropriately;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your consent where this is required.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our group companies, third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our website), or who otherwise process personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- To our Authorised Dealers for the purpose of completing a sale of our products to you, post-sale for the purpose of providing you our product warranty and for marketing purposes;
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) and its agents and advisers in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any business or asset provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- And, to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.